What You Need
- Wax Paper
- Wooden Craft Sticks
- Bright-Colored Wax Crayons
- Pencil or Crayon Sharpener
- Old Towel
- String/Fishing Line
- Hot Glue Gun
- Suction Cups
- Tape or glue craft sticks into square or triangular frames.
- Sharpen crayons into shavings onto a plate or sheet of paper, so there is a nice assortment of colors.
- Lay towel on a flat surface and cover with a sheet of wax paper.
- Arrange the craft stick frames on the wax paper and drop bits of crayon inside the frames.
- Remove the frames, but keep track of the order you had them arranged.
- Cover with another sheet of wax paper.
- Carefully run an iron (set to low) across the paper, watching the crayon shavings melt as you go.
- When everything has cooled, glue the craft stick frames onto the wax paper.
- Trim around the edges of the frames to reveal your sun catchers.
- Glue string or fishing line onto the backs of the sun catchers and hang from windows or sliding glass doors using suction cup hooks or tape.
All activities should be supervised by an adult.