- Introduce scarves and review colors.
- Provide models for movements to be completed with scarves. For example, moving up and down, throwing in air, making big or little circles, etc.
- Sing song with movements to the tune of Frère Jacques:
- Red and Orange (Red and Orange)
- Yellow Too (Yellow too)
- Green and Purple (Green and Purple)
- Pink and Blue (Pink and Blue)
- Repeat song, encouraging color identification as colors are sang and changing movements.
- Provide deliberate pauses for children to sing colors after several repetitions of song until child can sing entire song independently (if able).
- Song can be sung without child singing along.
- Movements can be modified according to ability and activity level.
- Hand-over-hand can be utilized throughout.
All activities should be supervised by an adult.